The mission of the Institute for International Business Communication (IIBC), a non-profit organization, is the promotion of unimpeded communication for global business. In cooperation with related organizations both domestically and abroad, we have developed a wide range of activities while maintaining a global outlook. IIBC hopes to continue contributing to society by ensuring compliance with the laws and regulations pertaining to each and every business enterprise related to TOEIC operations, and by behaving a manner consistent with social ethics.
IIBC sincerely believes that the protection of personal information (including that of employees) used in the course of our business is our social responsibility. We strive to treat such information appropriately and with prudence, while maintaining respect for human rights in the spirit of compliance with the law.
It is with this in mind that we have formulated the following guidelines on the protection of personal information, in order to enable all employees to work together to protect personal information and treat it in an appropriate manner. IIBC promises to implement and maintain these guidelines.
- 1. Acquisition, Use and Provision of Personal Information
- IIBC will acquire, use and provide personal information in an appropriate manner, and with due consideration to the content and size of the variety of our business activities related to TOEIC operations. IIBC will not use personal information, and will take measures to ensure that it is not used, beyond the extent that is necessary in order to achieve specified purposes.
- 2. The Protection and Management of Personal Information
- In order to protect personal information, IIBC will take the best and most appropriate measures to prevent improper access, loss, destruction, falsification, or divulgence of personal information. And we will take the appropriate corrective measures in the event that such an incident does occur.
- 3. Inquiries and Complaints Concerning Personal Information
- IIBC will respond efficiently to inquiries and complaints.
- 4. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- IIBC will observe all laws and other standards pertaining to the protection of personal information as part of our efforts to manage such information appropriately.
- 5. Continuous Improvement of the Management System
- IIBC will formulate internal rules concerning the protection of personal information, and will continuously review and improve these rules with due consideration to changes in social conditions, the environment, and other factors in order to ensure the effective and appropriate protection of personal information.
- 6. Cookies
- Cookies are text files saved to the user's hard disk by the web server. A cookie signals the web server that a user has accessed a given site. Many websites employ cookies for the purpose of providing users with functions beneficial to them. The cookie pinpoints the computer used by the user, but it does not distinguish the user's identity. Web browsers may be set to block cookies.
When providing customized services, IIBC's website employs cookies to make navigation of the site more convenient for users. Cookies are set when a user visits a customized page or logs into the site. Cookies may also be used to calculate the number of users visiting IIBC's website.
- 7. Policy Revision
- IIBC may modify the contents of this policy in order to enhance the appropriateness of our protection of personal information with which we are entrusted, and in accordance with changes to laws and regulations within Japan.
Original: April 1, 2005
Last revised: April 1, 2014
The Institute for International Business Communication