A valid photo ID accepted by the IIBC proving your identity (one of the following showing your name in kanji, hiragana, katakana, or the Roman alphabet).
- Driver license*
- Student ID card*
- Employee ID card*
- Individual Number Card*
- Basic Resident Register Card*
- Certificate of Alien Registration*
- Residence Card*
- Special permanent resident certificate*
- Identification cards with “*” are acceptable only if they are issued in Japan.
- Photocopies of the above will not be accepted.
- Use of smartwatches and wearable devices in the test room is prohibited.
- You will not be admitted on the day of the test and you cannot take the test if you fail to bring a valid photo ID accepted by the IIBC proving your identity. Your test fee will not be refunded in such cases.
- If you do not possess any of the valid photo IDs accepted by the IIBC to prove your identity, contact the IIBC Test Operation Center before submitting an application.