TOEIC® Listening & Reading Test
Official Score Certificate Format
As the TOEIC L&R scores have become increasingly important in society, used for promotion or raises at work, or as conditions for credits or admissions at university or junior college, the Official Score Certificate now includes the test taker’s photograph and signature as a way to ensure correct identification.
Official Score Certificate sample
- This sample is for illustrative purposes only, and the actual certificate’s color, design, and text may vary.
- The Official Score Certificate is issued only to people taking the test in Secure Program
The photo on the Official Score Certificate will be printed in black and white.
This lists your scores for the Listening and Reading sections. Your total score is shown on the right.
This shows the percentage of test takers scoring below you. For example, if your Listening score is 300 and your percentile rank is 41%, then 41% of all test takers scored less than 300. In other words, test takers who scored 300 are in the top 59%.
Score Descriptors (per-level assessments)
This shows you your strengths in English based on your current score. See here for assessments of weaknesses and levels.
Abilities Measured (percentage of correct answers per ability type)
This shows the percentage of correct answers for the five Listening and the five Reading abilities.
- Can infer gist, purpose, and basic context based on information that is explicitly stated in short conversations, announcements, narrations, and similar.
- Can infer gist, purpose, and basic context based on information that is explicitly stated in longer conversations, announcements, narrations, and similar.
- Can understand details in short conversations, announcements, narrations, and similar.
- Can understand details in longer conversations, announcements, narrations, and similar.
- Can understand the goals and implied meanings of the speaker from phrases or text.
- Can make inferences based on information in written texts.
- Can locate and understand specific information in written texts.
- Can connect information across multiple sentences in a single written text or across multiple texts.
- Can understand vocabulary in written texts.
- Can understand grammar in written texts.
Your percentage of correct answers for the test content (test questions) is shown as gray horizontal bar graphs. The figures beside the triangles are the average percentages (of correct answers) of those who took the same test content. Your percentages cannot be compared with those of people who took another test content. Nor can these percentages be compared with those you got when you took another test content.