Revision of the TOEIC Speaking Test
Updated July 12, 2021
ETS, the developer of the TOEIC tests, regularly revisits its assessments to ensure that they continue to meet the needs of test takers and score users. In line with this practice, ETS made a few revisions to the TOEIC Speaking Test.
These changes do not affect the test difficulty range, score scale, test levels, level descriptors, mapping tables, or official score certificates and reports.
Please click here for the announcement from ETS.
● Launch date of the revised TOEIC Speaking Test :
- Secure Program (SP Test)：from August 8th, 2021 (Sunday)
- Institutional Program (IP Test)：from August 12th, 2021 (Thursday)
● Three changes in the revised TOEIC Speaking Test :
- The response time for Question #3 in the current version (Describe a Picture) is reduced from 45 seconds to 30 seconds
- Another Describe a Picture item as given above is added
- Question #10 in the current version (Propose a Solution) is eliminated
* There will be no changes in the TOEIC Writing Test format.
Number of Items
Number of Items
|Read a text aloud||2||2|
|Describe a picture||1||2||• Another Describe a picture item is added|
• Response time is reduced from 45 seconds to 30 seconds
|Respond to questions||3||3|
|Respond to questions using information provided||3||3|
|Propose a solution||1||0||• Propose a Solution item is eliminated|
|Express an opinion||1||1|
IIBC Test Operation Center
The Institute for International Business Communication
TEL: 03-5521-6033 (10:00–16:00, Except Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays)