Updates to the TOEIC® Speaking & Writing Tests
Updated April 26, 2022
ETS, the developer of the TOEIC tests, regularly revisits its assessments to ensure that they continue to meet the needs of test takers and score users. In line with this practice, ETS made refinements to the TOEIC® Speaking Test and the TOEIC® Speaking & Writing / TOEIC® Speaking official score certificates.
These changes do not affect the test difficulty range or score scale.
Please click here for the announcement from ETS.
● Launch date of the updated TOEIC® Speaking Test :
- Secure Program (SP Test)：from June 12th, 2022 (Sunday)
- • Institutional Program (IP Test)：from June 4th, 2022 (Saturday)
● Two changes in the updated TOEIC® Speaking Test :
- In Question #10 the question will be asked two times (current version: one time).
- In Question #11 the preparation time will be extended from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.
* There will be no changes in the TOEIC Writing Test format.
※The changes are not reflected on the already published 公式TOEIC Speaking & Writing ワークブック.
● Changes made to the TOEIC® Speaking & Writing / TOEIC® Speaking official score certificates
- “Proficiency level” is being removed from TOEIC Speaking & Writing / TOEIC® Speaking official score certificates and institutional score reports.
- Test performance feedback will continue to be provided based upon the scaled score range.
- There are no changes to the scaled score range.
IIBC Test Operation Center
The Institute for International Business Communication