For information on the date your admission ticket should arrive, or what to do if your admission ticket has not arrived by that date, see “Admission Ticket Sending/Un-delivered.”
TOEIC Bridge® Listening & Reading Tests
Test Day Information
This contains information about your test day. All test takers should read this carefully.
On Test Day
Your admission ticket contains the latest information on your test day.
|10:00 – 10:30||Enter the test room|
|10:30 - 11:00||Test explanations・Listening audio check|
|11:00 - 12:00||Test start - Test end|
|12:00 - 12:10||Collection of test books and answer sheets|
|12:10 (approximately)||Exit from test room|
- You will not be admitted and you cannot take the test if you do not check in by check-in time. Note that your test fee will not be refunded if this happens.
- There will be no break after 10:30. You are not allowed to leave the test room after 10:30.
What to Bring
Bring the following on test day.
Driver’s license issued in Japan, student ID issued in Japan, passport, individual number card, basic resident register card, certificate of alien registration, resident’s card, special permanent resident certificate, driving record history certificate, disability certificate (physical/mental)
- You will not be admitted on the day of the test and you cannot take the test if you fail to bring a valid photo ID proving your identity. Your test fee will not be refunded in such cases.
- Photocopies/photographed images of the above will not be accepted.
HB pencil or mechanical pencil, eraser
There will be no announcements of the time during the test.
You may not use anything other than a wristwatch to check the time. This means no mobile phones, desk clocks, stopwatches, or wearable devices.
- Please wear your own face mask while you are at the test center. Test takers without a face mask will not be allowed to take the test. You will be asked to take off the mask at a reception desk for personal identification.
- Use of smartwatches and wearable devices in the test room is prohibited.
- Your admission ticket contains the latest information on your test day.
General Notes on Taking the Test
Points to Note for Arrival/Qualifications for Taking the Test
- Only test takers who have completed all prescribed application procedures are allowed to enter the test center.
- No waiting room is available for persons accompanying test takers.
■ Responses to violations
- If you fail to follow the directions below, engage in any of the prohibited
acts, or if any question arises about the validity of answers, the following
measures may be result:
- Warning from staff
- Dismissal from the test site during the test
- Checks of belongings
- Your answers not being scored
- Disqualification from taking any test which IIBC or Educational Testing Service(“ETS” hereinafter) administers
- Cancellation of any test scores administered by IIBC or ETS (including
those previously awarded)
In the case test results are cancelled, if any inquires are received from a company, school or other organization regarding scores, we will notify to organization that the scores have been cancelled.
- Proctors may walk around the test room to maintain an appropriate test environment and to check if any prohibited acts occur.
- You will be notified of your test center by an admission ticket sent separately with the corresponding information printed on it. Follow the instructions printed on the admission ticket. Some test centers are subject to access restrictions (e.g., you may be prohibited from coming to the center by car, motorcycle, or bicycle).
- Please do not contact the test center regarding the TOEIC test or test administration.
- Please follow the instructions of the proctor at the test center.
- No food allowed in the test room, including gum and candy.
- Wear clothing that will be comfortable under various temperatures. It may not be possible to adjust the temperature of the test room in accordance with test takers’ requests.
- IIBC shall bear no responsibility for any losses or damages at the test center, including, but not limited to, accidents, injuries, thefts, and troubles. However, this shall not apply if there is any reason attributable to IIBC.
- From10:30 A.M. until exiting from the test room, please make sure to release alarm and other settings of cellular phones and other electronic devices (e.g. audio player, PC, video game console, electronic dictionary, electronic organizer) and turn them off.
- Please refrain from talking on the phone in the test room.
- If anything in your possession makes an alarm sound or your phone rings during the test, you will be dismissed from the test site.
- We shall not bear responsibility for any troubles that arise between test takers.
- The following actions are prohibited at the test center:
- All acts that can be considered photography, recording, audio recording, and copying
- Writing outside of the designated space on answer sheets or on a test book or other materials
- Removing a test book and/or answer sheets from the test room by any means and/or disclosure of test question contents
- Reproduction of test question contents by any means in whole or in part (not limited to English) in a state available for browsing or listening by the general public via Internet, TV, radio, e-mail, documents, lectures or any other possible means
- Acts of taking the test with help from others
- Taking the test in place of a applied test taker
- Offering or receiving assistance during the test
- Taking the test fraudulently and any other acts that are considered dishonest
- Acts of taking the test over the designated testing time
- Looking through test contents before the test start time or answering questions after the test finishes
- Looking through reading test contents during the listening test or looking through listening test contents during the reading test
- Acts of sabotage (e.g. acts of violence, damage to property, acts of causing trouble to other examinees)
Cancellation or Discontinuation of Test
- We may cancel the test if events outside of our control (e.g. earthquake, tsunami, other natural disasters, strike, outbreak of infectious disease) cause difficulty in securing the test centers, blackouts or other circumstances, such as disorder related to transportation, communication, or distribution. If we cancel the test, notifications will be posted on our official website. If troubles with sound arise during the listening test (audio equipment failure, etc.) the test may be stopped if the proctor judges the trouble to be a hindrance in continuing the test. If this happens, the time of end of test will be delayed.
- Those planning to submit Secure Program scores to various organizations and institutions should apply for the test well in advance. Secure Program may be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. We assume no responsibility for any inconvenience, cost (except test fee) and other personal losses incurred by test takers due to cancellation or postponement of test administration.