TOEIC Bridge® Speaking & Writing Tests
Test Day Information
This contains information about what happens on the test day. All test takers should read this carefully.
- There is no admission ticket for the TOEIC Bridge Speaking & Writing Tests. For details on taking the test, please check our official website, the e-mail on guide to taking the test sent to you after your application is made or the detail status screen on the Application history (Detail) on the TOEIC Application Site.
- To be allowed entry, you must bring a valid photo ID proving your identity and arrive at the check-in desk within the specified time on the day of the test. If your name has changed since application, then contact the IIBC Test Operation Center before the test date.
On Test Day
The TOEIC Bridge Speaking & Writing Tests in Secure Program are held on Sundays eight times a year.
Morning tests: 9:15 to 9:30
You will not be admitted and you cannot take the test if you do not check in by check-in time. Note that your test fee will not be refunded if this happens.
|Check-in||Test center personnel will check your identification at the check in counter, take a photograph to be printed on an Official Score Certificate, and assign you a seat.|
Test Time Required About 52 minutes
What to Bring
1. A valid photo ID proving your identity：
- Driver's license issued in Japan
- Student ID issued in Japan
- Individual number card
- Basic resident register card
- Certificate of alien registration
- Resident's card
- Special permanent resident certificate
- Driving record history certificate
- Disability certificate (physical/mental) issued in Japan
- You will not be admitted on the day of the test and you cannot take the test if you fail to bring a valid photo ID proving your identity. Your test fee will not be refunded in such cases.
- Photocopies/photographed images of the above will not be accepted.
2. Face Mask
- Please wear your own face mask while you are at the test center. Test takers without a face mask will not be allowed to take the test. You will be asked to take off the mask at a reception desk for personal identification.
General Notes on Taking the Test
Points to Note upon Arrival/Qualifications for Taking the Test
Only examinees who have completed all prescribed application procedures are allowed to enter the test center.
■ Responses to violations
- If you fail to follow the directions below, engage in any of the prohibited
acts, or if any question arises about the validity of answers, the following
measures may be result:
- Warning from staff
- Dismissal from the test site during the test
- Checks of belongings
- Your answers not being scored
- Disqualification from taking any test which IIBC or ETS administers
- Cancellation of any test scores administered by IIBC or ETS (including those previously awarded)
In the case test results are cancelled, if any inquires are received from a company, school or other organization regarding scores, we will notify to organization that the scores have been cancelled.
- Proctors may walk around the test room to maintain an appropriate test environment and to check if any prohibited acts occur.
- Follow the instructions on the e-mail on guide to taking the test sent to you after your application is made or the detail status screen on the "TOEIC Bridge® Speaking & Writing Tests Application History(detail)".
- Please follow the instructions of the proctor at the test center.
- No food or drinks allowed in the test room, including gum and candy.
- Wear clothing that will be comfortable under various temperatures. It may not be possible to adjust the temperature of the test room in accordance with test takers’ requests.
- From 9:30 A.M. for the morning session, and 12:30 P.M. for the afternoon session, until exiting from the test room, please make sure to release alarm and other settings of cellular phones and other electronic devices (e.g. audio player, PC, video game console, electronic dictionary, electronic organizer) and turn them off.
- Use of watches in the test room is prohibited.
- If anything in your possession makes an alarm sound or your phone rings during the test, you will be dismissed from the test site.
- Document titled "Confidentiality Statement" will be distributed at the test center on the test date. The Confidentiality Statement includes rules that need to be observed at the test center and the pledge. You are to read it, fill out and sign it. You will not be admitted, if you do not fill it out or sign it.
- The test room cannot shut out noise completely. However, it has been decided that the sounds of test takers and proctors entering and leaving the room, the voice of the proctor who is giving instructions, the voice of other test takers answering, the sounds of operating PCs, the sounds of proctors moving about the test room, and other sounds similar to these levels do not interfere with testing. Please note that we do not arrange retesting or extend the test time.
- We shall not bear responsibility for any troubles that arise between test takers.
- The following actions are prohibited at the test center:
- All acts that can be considered photography, recording, audio recording, and copying.
- Taking notes on material other than paper provided by the test center.
- Removing test materials from the test room by any means and/or disclosure of test question contents
- Reproduction of test question contents by any means in whole or in part (not limited to English) in a state available for browsing or listening by the general public via Internet, TV, radio, e-mail, documents, lectures or any other possible means
- Acts of taking the test with help from others
- Taking the test in place of a applied test taker
- Offering or receiving assistance during the test
- Taking the test fraudulently and any other acts that are considered dishonest
- Acts of sabotage (e.g. acts of violence, damage to property, acts of causing trouble to other examinees)
Cancellation or Discontinuation of Test
- We may cancel the test if events outside of our control (e.g. earthquake, tsunami, other natural disasters, strike, outbreak of infectious disease) cause difficulty in securing the test centers, blackouts or other circumstances, such as disorder related to transportation, communication, or distribution. If we cancel the test, notifications will be posted on our official website. If troubles with system or noise occur on the test day, the test may be stopped if the proctor judges the trouble to be a hindrance in continuing the test. If this happens, the time of end of test will be delayed.
- Those planning to submit Secure Program scores to various organizations and institutions should apply for the test well in advance. Secure Program may be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. We assume no responsibility for any inconvenience, cost (except test fee) and other personal losses incurred by test takers due to cancellation or postponement of test administration.