TOEIC® Speaking Test
Test Day Information
This contains information about your test day. All test takers should read this carefully.
- There is no admission ticket for the TOEIC Speaking Tests in Secure Program. For details on taking the test, please check our official website, the e-mail on guide to taking the test sent to you after your application is made or the detail status screen on the “TOEIC® Speaking & Writing Tests/TOEIC® Speaking Test Application History (Details)”.
- To be allowed entry, you must bring a valid personal identification document with a photograph acceptable for the test, and arrive at the check-in desk within the specified time on the day of the test. If you do not bring any personal identification documents or you do not arrive at the test site in time, you will not be permitted to take the test. See On Test Day and What to Bring for details.
On Test Day
The TOEIC Speaking Test in Secure Program is held on Saturdays and Sundays, 48 times a year.
9:15 - 9:30
You will not be admitted and you cannot take the test if you do not check in by check-in time. Note that your test fee will not be refunded if this happens.
|Check-in||Test center personnel will check your identification at the check in counter, take a photograph to be printed on an Official Score Certificate, and assign you a seat.|
Test time required: Approx. 20 minutes
TOEIC Speaking Test: approx. 20 minutes
What to Bring
A valid photo ID accepted by the IIBC proving your identity (one of the following showing your name in kanji, hiragana, katakana, or the Roman alphabet):
- Individual Number Card
- Driver’s license issued in Japan
- Student ID issued in Japan
- Employee ID issued in Japan
- Basic Resident Register Card
- Certificate of Alien Registration
- Resident’s card
- Special Permanent Resident Certificate
- Photocopies of the above will not be accepted
- Use of smartwatches and wearable devices in the test room is prohibited.
- You will not be admitted on the day of the test and you cannot take the test if you fail to bring a valid photo ID accepted by the IIBC proving your identity. Your test fee will not be refunded in such cases. If you do not possess any of the valid photo IDs accepted by the IIBC to prove your identity, contact the IIBC Test Operation Center before submitting an application.
General Notes on Taking the Test
Points to Note for Arrival/Qualifications for Taking the Test
Only test takers who have completed all prescribed application procedures are allowed to enter the test center.
■ Responses to violations
- If you fail to follow the directions below, engage in any of the prohibited
acts, or if any question arises about the validity of answers, the following
- Warning from staff
- Dismissal from the test site during the test
- Checks of belongings
- Your answers not being scored
- Disqualification from taking any test which IIBC or Educational Testing Service(“ETS” hereinafter) administers
- Cancellation of any test scores administered by IIBC or ETS (including
those previously awarded)
In the case test results are cancelled, if any inquiries are received from a company, school or other organization regarding scores, we will notify to organization that the scores have been cancelled.
- Proctors may walk around the test room to maintain an appropriate test environment and to check if any prohibited acts occur.
- Follow the instructions on the e-mail on guide to taking the test sent to you after your application is made or the detail status screen on the “TOEIC® Speaking & Writing Tests/TOEIC® Speaking Test application history”. Some test centers are subject to access restrictions (e.g., you may be prohibited from coming to the center by car, motorcycle, or bicycle).
- Please follow the instructions of the proctor at the test center.
- No food or drinks allowed in the test room, including gum and candy.
- Wear clothing that will be comfortable under various temperatures. It may not be possible to adjust the temperature of the test room in accordance with test takers’ requests.
- From 9:30 A.M. for the morning session, and 1:30 P.M. for the afternoon session, until exiting from the test room, please make sure to release alarm and other settings of cellular phones and other electronic devices (e.g. audio player, PC,video game console, electronic dictionary, electronic organizer) and turn them off.
- Please refrain from talking on the phone in the test room.
- Even if noises from cellular phones, electronic devices or wristwatch alarms occur during the test, re-tests are not conducted and testing time will not be extended. The person responsible for the noise will be asked to leave the test center.
- If you leave the test center during the test, your answers may not be scored.
- Document titled "Confidentiality Statement" will be distributed at the test center on the test date. The Confidentiality Statement includes rules that need to be observed at the test center and the pledge. You are to read it, fill out and sign it. You will not be admitted, if you do not fill it out or sign it.
- Your photograph (showing the upper body with no cap and with the face looking straight ahead) will be taken on the test date. This photograph will be printed on your Official Score Certificate. This has been determined in accordance with the rules of the IIBC Test Operation Center, the Institute for International Business Communication. Please note that, in principle, we do not retake or change a photograph upon request from a test taker.
- The test room cannot shut out noise completely. However, it has been decided that the sounds of test takers and proctors entering and leaving the room, the voice of the proctor who is giving instructions, the voice of other test takers answering, the sounds of operating PCs, the sounds of proctors moving about the test room, and other sounds similar to these levels do not interfere with testing. Please note that we do not arrange retesting or extend the test time.
- We shall not bear responsibility for any troubles that arise between test takers
- The following actions are prohibited at the test center:
- All acts that can be considered photography, recording, audio recording, and copying
- Taking notes
- Removing test materials from the test room by any means and/or disclosure of test question contents
- Reproduction of test question contents by any means in whole or in part (not limited to English) in a state available for browsing or listening by the general public via Internet, TV, radio, e-mail, documents, lectures or any other possible means
- Acts of taking the test with help from others
- Taking the test in place of a applied test taker
- Offering or receiving assistance during the test
- Taking the test fraudulently and any other acts that are considered dishonest
- Acts of sabotage (e.g. acts of violence, damage to property)
Cancellation or Discontinuation of Test
- We may cancel the test if events outside of our control (e.g. earthquake, tsunami, other natural disasters, strike, outbreak of infectious disease) cause difficulty in securing the test centers, blackouts or other circumstances, such as disorder related to transportation, communication, or distribution. If we cancel the test, notifications will be posted on our official website. If troubles with system or noise occur on the test day, the test may be stopped if the proctor judges the trouble to be a hindrance in continuing the test. If this happens, the time of end of test will be delayed.
- Those planning to submit Secure Program scores to various organizations and institutions should apply for the test well in advance. Secure Program may be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. We assume no responsibility for any inconvenience, cost (except test fee) and other personal losses incurred by test takers due to cancellation or postponement of test administration.