TOEIC® Speaking & Writing Tests
TOEIC Speaking & Writing Tests in Secure Program Guidelines
Notes on Application
- If you arrive at the test center without a personal identification accepted by the Institute for International Business Communication (“IIBC” hereinafter), the test administrator will not admit you and you cannot take the test. The test fee will not be refunded in such cases. Be sure to check for the items you need to bring with you on the test date before applying.
- No one can take the test on behalf of a registered test taker.
- If you are a minor, please obtain the consent of your legal guardian.
- If you are aged 12 or under on the test date, you will be required to take the test in the room specifically for younger examinees.
- If you have visual, hearing or orthopedic impairment, please contact the IIBC Test Operation Center before you apply. Depending on the circumstances, in some cases your application may not be accepted.
- Please accurately enter your name and date of birth as listed on your family register.
- The application process is completed after you have gone through all prescribed application procedures and have paid the test fee. Only when all prescribed application procedures have been completed, a receipt of application will be sent to you by e-mail. (We will use the e-mail address you registered when you applied.) Please keep this e-mail until you receive your test results. In some cases e-mails do not reach test takers because an incorrect e-mail address was registered. Even if our e-mail regarding receipt of application does not reach you, we will consider your application to be complete. If your application is complete, you will see the word “Payment completed” on the payment status screen on the “TOEIC® Speaking & Writing Tests/TOEIC® Speaking Test application history”. Please make sure to confirm the status of your application.
- There is no admission ticket for the TOEIC® Speaking & Writing Tests in Secure Program. For details on taking the test, please check our official website, the e-mail on guide to taking the test sent to you after your application is made or the detail status screen on the “TOEIC® Speaking & Writing Tests/TOEIC® Speaking Test application history”.
- Changes to test center or time after application can only be made during the application period. For group application, to cancel an application, please contact your group representative during the application period. The application period is not the same as for individual application.
- All answers provided by examinees on the test date will be scored except in the cases stated below.
- After we receive the applications, we may announce important notes regarding each test on our official website as "Important Notice". Please check the "Important Notice" prior to taking the test.
To the Legal Guardians of Test Takers
If an inquiry is made by a legal guardian of the test taker, we will reply by telephone using the telephone number on the application after confirming the person inquiring to be a legal guardian of the test taker.
Test Fee/Other Applicable Cost
|Test Fee||JPY10,450（incl. tax）
|Test fees for the late application period||JPY13,200（incl. tax）
|Other applicable Cost||JPY2,750（incl. tax）
General Notes on Taking the Test
Only test takers who have completed all prescribed application procedures are allowed to enter the test center. No waiting room is available for persons accompanying test takers.
|Check-in Time||For morning test: 10:30~10:45
For afternoon test: 13:45~14:00
Test time required: About 1 hour and 20 minutes
|What to bring|
1. A valid photo ID proving your identity:Driver’s license issued in Japan, student ID issued in Japan, passport, individual number card, basic resident register card, certificate of alien registration, resident’s card, special permanent resident certificate, driving record history certificate, disability certificate (physical/mental)
2. Face Mask
|Precautionary measures against the coronavirus||
|Cautions||■ Responses to violations
Official Score Certificate
- Test results (Official Score Certificate) will be mailed within 30 days of the test date to test takers using a sealed envelope marked “親展 (confidential)”.
- If you do not receive an Official Score Certificate within 35 days of the test date, please contact the IIBC Test Operation Center within 65 days after the test date. Any notice of undelivered certificate submitted later than 65 days after the test date will be considered a request for reissue and the fee for reissuing a certificate must be paid.
- If you wish to request the reissue of an Official Score Certificate, please apply via the Internet and pay the fee within 2 years of the test date. (We do not reissue the Official Score Certificate for any test administered over 2 years ago.)
- For group applications, the group representative can request that the Official Score Certificates be sent directly to the company/school. In addition, test results and individual data (registration number, name, date of birth) will be provided to the group’s liaison department as well as to each test taker.
Cancellation or Discontinuation of Test
- We may cancel the test if events outside of our control (e.g. earthquake, tsunami, other natural disasters, strike, outbreak of infectious disease) cause difficulty in securing the test centers, blackouts or other circumstances, such as disorder related to transportation, communication, or distribution. If we cancel the test, notifications will be posted on our official website. If troubles with system or noise occur on the test day, the test may be stopped if the proctor judges the trouble to be a hindrance in continuing the test. If this happens, the time of end of test will be delayed.
- Those planning to submit Secure Program scores to various organizations and institutions should apply for the test well in advance. Secure Program may be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. We assume no responsibility for any inconvenience, cost (except test fee) and other personal losses incurred by test takers due to cancellation or postponement of test administration.
- Intended Use and Provision of Personal Information
Your personal information obtained from the TOEIC® Speaking & Writing Tests in Secure Program will be used for registration, identification of test takers, administration/planning/improvement of the TOEIC® Speaking & Writing Tests in Secure Program, ascertainment of the status of TOEIC test utilization, improved precision of test programs, preparation of materials for improvement of English proficiency, scoring/issuing/reissuing/delivery of test results, information sharing, conducting questionnaires, information provision on IIBC business and new business, and communication by telephone/e-mail/postal mail to achieve the purposes described above.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The IIBC provides your personal information and test answer to ETS in the United States of America, the test developer. It also uses your test answer data (audio and written) for the purposes of educational research and study and the preparation of various materials (including official guidebooks, commercial online learning materials, and test-related materials). All references to personally identifying information such as names and addresses are removed from this data. On the test date, after you complete the test, ETS will ask you via the testing screen whether you consent to the above uses for the answer data (audio and written). Choose “Yes” if you consent to such use and “No” if you do not. Answering “No” will not affect your scores. Personal information collected will not be provided or disclosed to any third parties except in the cases mentioned above or the cases enumerated under Article 23, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
- Outsourcing of Personal Information Processing
The IIBC entrusts handling of acquired personal information to sub-contractors in Japan and YBM NET, Inc. in Korea within the scope prescribed in “1. Intended Use and Provision of Personal Information”, as necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information is being used. In such a case, a confidentiality agreement shall be signed by the sub-contractor.
Chief Privacy Officer
General Manager of SP Division
The Institute for International Business Communication