Twice a Day Administration, Random Selection,
and Precautionary Measures against the Coronavirus,
for the 256th and 257th TOEIC® Listening & Reading Test
(Sunday, November 15, 2020)
Updated on September 25, 2020
*Updated: September 25
Please note that you cannot take the test if you fail to bring both one identification photograph and a valid photo ID proving your identity.
We have decided to administer the TOEIC Listening & Reading Test twice a day (a.m. and p.m.) for the tests scheduled to be held from October 25, 2020 to March 21, 2021.
In order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and in reaction to the current situation on the availability of test centers, we have placed limits on the number of applicants for the test. The application was accepted in order they were received and ceased accepting applications once the limit was reached. However, we suspended the application due to the system malfunction caused by website traffic overload.
In response to the situation where the customers could not apply for the tests, we plan to continue the “Random Selection” process for the time being. On the day of each test, the precautionary measures against the spread of coronavirus infection will take place.
For the TOEIC L&R Test (Sunday, November 15, 2020) application, please make sure to check the details on this page.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
A.M. and P.M. (Twice a Day) Test Administration
We have started to place limits on the number of applicants for the TOEIC L&R Test from September 13, 2020 administration. However, in order to accommodate more applicants, we have decided to administer the test twice in one day (a.m. and p.m.).
A.M. and P.M. Test Day Schedule (plan as of September, 2)
|Test start - Test end||10:20-12:20||15:00-17:00|
|Exit from test room||12:35||17:15|
Everyone will have the same chance of being selected, regardless of when they apply during the application period. In order to prevent website traffic overload, we would appreciate your understanding and cooperation to avoid applying for the test immediately after the start of application, and also immediately before the deadline, as much as possible.
The test takers for the 256th and 257th TOEIC L&R Test will be selected at random from all applicants, who have completed the application and payment procedure during the “Random Selection Application Period” below.
When you complete the application and payment procedure, "完了" (Completed) will be displayed on your application history, and the application confirmation email will be sent. However, this does not mean that you can take the test. The result of the selection will be notified to all applicants who have completed the application via email, after 3:30 p.m., on Monday, October 5 (for the a.m. test) and Monday, October 12 (for the p.m. test). Only those who received the email which notify them of being selected can take the test. For those applicants who were not selected this time, we will refund the test fee. (If you applied for the test using the voucher, you can use the same voucher code.) The details will be notified via email. The refund could take up to two to three months. If you applied for the test as a group, please inquire directly with your group representative.
* We understand that it is best to proceed to payment procedure after the selection process. However, we would like to prevent the situation where the same person apply for the same test, more than once, and as a consequence, taking the opportunity away from others wishing to take the test. For this reason, the payment is included as part of the application process.
Random Selection Application Period
A.M.Test: Thursday, September 24 at 12:00 p.m. to Monday, September 28 at 3:00 p.m.
P.M.Test: Thursday, October 1 at 12:00 p.m. to Monday, October 5 at 3:00 p.m.
* You cannot take both a.m. and p.m. (twice) tests within one day. Please apply for one of the tests only, within either of the application period.
* You are not allowed to change the test date and time once the application is submitted. No one can take the test on behalf of a registered test taker.
When You Apply
Everyone will have the same chance of being selected, regardless of when they apply during the application period. To avoid website traffic overload, we would appreciate your cooperation to avoid applying for the test, as much as possible, during the period below.
● From the time when application starts, till 3:00 p.m. on the same day
● From 12:00 p.m., the last day of application period, till 3:00 p.m. on the same day
In order to complete your application, you need to click the orange button, [受験申込 (test application)] or [バウチャー受験申込 (test application using the voucher)］button, by 3:00 p.m., the last day of application period.
If you have difficulty accessing our website, please try again after a while. Please refrain from accessing simultaneously using multiple devices.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
*In response to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, we plan to continue the “Random Selection” process for the time being. For the latest information, however, please check our website.
Precautionary Measures against the Coronavirus
At our test centers, we are following “Precautionary Measures at Test Centers” below. Please make sure you understand and agree with our “Health and Safety Requirements at Test Centers” before you apply for the test. You may not be allowed to take the test if you refuse to cooperate in the requirements. Please refrain from applying for the test if you feel uncomfortable about the precautionary measures.
Precautionary Measures at Test Centers
- Test proctors will take their temperature on the test day to check that they do not have any health problem for the test administration.
- Test proctors will wear a face mask, and practice proper hand washing and hand sanitization.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at the test centers.
- Test facilities will be disinfected, especially in places touched by people.
- Test proctors will remind test takers to keep enough distance with others.
- The test will be administered at limited capacity than usual in order to keep enough distance between test takers.
- Test rooms will be ventilated by opening the doors and windows, or using ventilation fans.
- Test proctors will limit conversation or verbal explanation to a minimum.
Health and Safety Requirements at Test Centers
- Please check your temperature before arrival, and refrain from taking the test if you have a fever.
- Wear your own face mask while you are at the test center. Test takers without a face mask will not be allowed to take the test.
You will be asked to take off the mask at a reception desk for personal identification.
- Practice proper hand washing, hand sanitization, and coughing etiquette are highly recommended.
- Keep a certain distance from other people.
- Limit conversation to a minimum.
- Please refrain from eating in the test center.
- Please contact us if, you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have had close contact with someone who has confirmed COVID-19 within the fourteen days from the test date.
During the reading test, we will ventilate the test room by opening the doors and windows, or using ventilation fans. Please note that you may hear some noise. You are advised to bring clothes so you can put on or take off depending on the room temperature.
Please refrain from taking the tests if;
- You are feeling unwell.
- You are worried about some symptoms you are experiencing (fever, cough, sore throat etc.)
*Some test centers may require test takers to provide a temperature check upon arrival, and you may not be allowed to take the test if you have a fever.
- You have had close contact with someone who has confirmed COVID-19 within the last fourteen days, or live with someone who has suspected symptoms.
- You have visited entry restricted countries in the last fourteen days, or have had close contact with someone who has visited those countries in the last fourteen days.
If you are unable to take the tests due to the reasons listed above, the test fee will be refunded.
*Please refer the email with the information about the refund process, which will be sent to you about two weeks before the test date.
*If you applied for the test as a group, please inquire directly with your group representative.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.