For information on the scheduled arrival date of the admission ticket, or if your admission ticket has not arrived by the scheduled arrival date, see "Receiving Admission Ticket/Undelivered" for the necessary procedures.
TOEIC® Listening & Reading Test
Test Day Information
This contains information about your test day. All test takers should read this carefully.
- Information required for the test can be found either on this web site or in the admission ticket which will be sent about two weeks prior to the test date. If your admission ticket does not arrive, you, the test taker, need to contact us within the period of inquiry for undelivered.
- If you do not have any of the valid photo ID accepted by the IIBC proving your identity, or your name has changed since registration (by marriage, for example), you need to contact the IIBC Test Operation Center before the test date.
On Test Day
Your admission ticket contains the latest information on your test day.
|11:45 - 12:30||Check-in|
|12:35 - 13:00||Test instructions, sound check|
|13:00 - 15:00||Test start - Test end|
|15:00 - 15:15||Collection of test books and answer sheets|
|15:15 (scheduled)||Exit from test room|
- You may not take the test if you have not arrived at the check-in desk by 12:30.
- There are no breaks after 12:30. You may not leave the room during the test.
- After checking in and sitting at your desk, look at the Test Guide on your desk and start filling in side A of the answer sheet.
Copies of the Examinee Guide in English(PDFファイル 2262KB), Chinese(PDFファイル 2512KB), and Korean(PDFファイル 2317KB) are available upon request at check-in.
What to Bring
Bring the following on the test day.
Prepare an identification photograph that meets the requirements, write your name and the registration number on the back, and attach it to the Identification Photograph area of your admission ticket.
- Your identification photograph will be printed in black and white on your Official Score Certification.
Driver’s license issued in Japan, Student ID issued in Japan, employee ID issued in Japan Passport, individual number card, Basic Resident register card, etc.
- From April 2020, employee ID will not be accepted as a valid photo ID. Please note that you cannot take the test if you fail to bring both one identification photograph and a valid photo ID to the test center.
HB pencil or mechanical pencil, eraser
There will be no announcements of the time during the test.
You may not use anything other than a wristwatch as a timepiece. This means no mobile phones, desk clocks, stopwatches, or wearable devices.
- Your admission ticket and photograph will be collected at the test center and will not be returned.
- The most up-to-date information on your test date will be provided in your admission ticket.
General Notes on Taking the Test
Cautions and measures taken by the IIBC Test Operation Center in the event of non-compliance, can be found on the Points to Note page.