TOEIC® Listening & Reading Test
TOEIC® Listening & Reading in Secure Program Guidelines
Notes on Application
- If you arrive at the test center without both one identification photograph and a personal identification accepted by the Institute for International Business Communication (“IIBC” hereinafter), the test administrator will not admit you and you cannot take the test. The test fee will not be refunded in such cases. Be sure to check the items you need to bring with you on the test date before applying.
- You are not allowed to change the test date once the application is submitted. No one can take the test on behalf of a registered test taker. We cannot refund the test fee once payment is made.
- If you are a minor, please obtain the consent of your legal guardian.
- If you are aged 12 or under on the test date, you will be required to take the test in the room specifically for younger examinees.
If your family member also plans to take the test at the same test site, please contact the IIBC Test Operation Center by the application deadline.
- If you have visual, hearing or orthopedic impairment, please contact the IIBC Test Operation Center before you apply. Depending on the circumstances, your application may not be accepted.
- Please accurately enter your name and date of birth as listed on your family register.
- The application process is completed after you have gone through all prescribed application procedures and have paid the test fee. Only when all prescribed application procedures have been completed, a receipt of application will be sent to you by e-mail. (We will use the e-mail address you registered when you applied.) Please keep this e-mail until you receive your test results. In some cases e-mails do not reach test takers because an incorrect e-mail address was registered. Even if our e-mail regarding receipt of application does not reach you, we will consider your application to be complete. If your application is complete, you will see the word ”Completed” on the payment status screen on the “Application History (detail)” in TOEIC Application Site. Please make sure to confirm the status of your application.
- After you have completed all prescribed application procedures, you will be notified on test center
which you will take the test by an admission ticket with the information printed. If you would like
to change the test site, please contact the IIBC Test Operation Center from the Wednesday eighteen
days to the Wednesday four days before the test date. If seats are available at the test site you would
like to change to, you may be able to change the test site. Note that you cannot change the test
centers within the same test site nor designate a specific test center. Additionally, if the Wednesday
eighteen days before the test date or the Wednesday four days before the test date is a holiday, the
deadlines for completing these procedures will change. Contact the IIBC Test Operation Center for specific information.
The “test site” is an area classification set up by the IIBC Test Operation Center. You can choose the test site when you apply. We designate the test center within the test site you chose and notify you by printing the information on the admission ticket. In some cases, there may be more than one test area within a prefecture.Check the test date schedule for your desired test area before applying.
- All answer sheets completed by examinees on the test date will be scored except in the cases stated below.
Information for Legal Guardians
If an inquiry is made by a legal guardian of the test taker, we will reply by telephone using the telephone number on the application after confirming the person inquiring is a legal guardian of the test taker.
The admission ticket is mailed about 2 weeks in advance of the test date. If you do not receive your
admission ticket, the test taker himself or herself should be sure to contact the IIBC Test Operation
Center during the period of inquiry for undelivered admission tickets designated for every TOEIC®
Listening & Reading in Secure Program, as stated in the schedule.
We do not accept any changes of test date or refund any test fees on the grounds of undelivered admission tickets (Japanese).
For group applications, we can send the admission tickets to the company/school if that is preferred.
|IIBC Test Operation center||03-5521-6033|
|Period of inquiry for undelivered admission tickets||10:00 - 17:00 (Except Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays)|
|Test day||8:30 - 10:30|
|Test Fee||JPY6,490（incl. tax）
General Notes on Taking the Test
Only test takers who have completed all prescribed application procedures are allowed to enter the test center. No waiting room is available for persons accompanying test takers.
|Schedule||11:45 - 12:30 Check-in time
12:35 - 13:00 Test explanations・Listening audio check
13:00 - 15:00 Test
15:00 - 15:15 Collection of test books and answer sheets
15:15 (Approximately) Exit from test room
|What to bring||Please refer to your admission ticket for details.
|Cautions||■ Responses to violations
Official Score Certificate
- Test results (Official Score Certificate) will be mailed within 30 days of the test date to test takers using a sealed envelope marked “親展 (confidential)”.
- If you do not receive your Official Score Certificate within 35 days of the test date, please contact the IIBC Test Operation Center within 65 days after the test date. Any notice of undelivered certificate submitted later than 65 days after the test date will be considered a request for reissue and the fee for reissuing a certificate must be paid.
- If you wish to request the reissue of an Official Score Certificate, please apply via the internet and pay the fee or send us the necessary documents within 2 years of the test date. (We do not reissue the Official Score Certificate for any test administered over 2 years ago.)
- For group applications, the group representative can request that the Official Score Certificates be sent directly to the company/school. In addition, test results and individual data (registration number, name, date of birth) will be provided to the group’s liaison department as well as to each test taker.
Cancellation or Discontinuation of Test
- We may cancel the test if events outside of our control (e.g. earthquake, tsunami, other natural disasters, strike, outbreak of infectious disease) cause difficulty in securing the test centers, blackouts or other circumstances, such as disorder related to transportation, communication, or distribution. If we cancel the test, notifications will be posted on our official website. If troubles with sound arise during the listening test (audio equipment failure, etc.) the test may be stopped if the proctor judges the trouble to be a hindrance in continuing the test. If this happens, the time of end of test will be delayed.
- Those planning to submit Secure Program scores to various organizations and institutions should apply for the test well in advance. Secure Program may be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. We assume no responsibility for any inconvenience, cost (except test fee) and other personal losses incurred by test takers due to cancellation or postponement of test administration.
- Intended Use and Provision of Personal Information
Your personal information obtained from the TOEIC® Listening & Reading in Secure Program will be used for registration, identification of test takers, administration/planning/improvement of the TOEIC® Listening & Reading in Secure Program, ascertainment of the status of TOEIC test utilization, improved precision of test programs, preparation of materials for improvement of English proficiency, scoring/issuing/reissuing/delivery of test results, information sharing, conducting questionnaires, information provision on IIBC business and new business, and communication by telephone/e-mail/postal mail to achieve the purposes described above.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The IIBC provides your personal information and secure program test answer to Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the United States of America, the test developer. Personal information collected will not be provided or disclosed to any third parties except in the cases mentioned above or the cases enumerated under Article 23, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
- Outsourcing of Personal Information Processing
The IIBC entrusts handling of acquired personal information to sub-contractors within the scope prescribed in “1. Intended Use and Provision of Personal Information”, as necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information is being used. In such a case, a confidentiality agreement shall be signed by the sub-contractor.
Regarding the reissue of an Official Score Certificate, please refer to the “Reissue” page on our official website.
Chief Privacy Officer
General Manager of SP Division
The Institute for International Business Communication