Frequently Asked Questions
- What sort of tests are the TOEIC Bridge Listening & Reading Tests?
The TOEIC Bridge Listening & Reading Tests measure two English-language skills, listening and reading, for beginning to lower-intermediate learners. There are 100 questions to answer in approximately one hour in Listening (approximately 25 minutes, 50 questions) and Reading (35 minutes, 50 questions). The tests use optically-scanned answer sheets.
Test results are shown as a score from 15 to 50 (in one-point increments) for each section, for a total score of 30 to 100. See TOEIC Bridge Listening & Reading Tests for details.
The TOEIC Bridge Speaking & Writing Tests are held separately. The application, testing method, and test schedules are all different, and the test results are issued separately.
- Can I get a receipt for the test fee?
This differs by payment method.
If you paid by credit card:
Telephone the IIBC Test Operation Center yourself.
If you paid from a convenience store:
Please use the receipt you were issued at the convenience store when you paid.
Test Sites/Test Centers
- What sort of places are used as test centers?
We rent schools or public facilities to use as test centers.
- Can I specify which test center I want to take the test at?
You cannot specify your test center.
You will be informed of your test center in your admission ticket.
- What should I do if my admission ticket has not arrived (or has been lost)?
All the information you need for taking the test can be found under the heading of "申込情報詳細" at the TOEIC Bridge L&R Application Site. (Please see "Reviewing Your Admission Ticket Information" for further details.) If you do not receive your admission ticket and are unable to check the information through the website, the test taker himself or herself should be sure to contact the IIBC Test Operation Center during the period of inquiry for undelivered admission tickets designated for every TOEIC Bridge Listening & Reading in Secure Program, as stated in the schedule.We cannot accept requests for changing the test day or refunding the test fee due to undelivered (or loss) of admission tickets.
- Can I change my test site or the address my admission ticket will be sent to?
- If I am unable to take the test on the assigned date, can I get a refund of the test fee or change the test date? Can I transfer my eligibility to take the test to a friend?
Test fees cannot be refunded. Test dates cannot be changed. Test eligibility cannot be passed onto another person.
- Can I still take the test if I arrive at the test center before the test starts, even if I don’t make it by the check-in deadline?
No. You must have completed checking in and be seated by the check-in deadline. You will not be admitted to the test site after the deadline, so ensure you have plenty of time to travel.
- I applied the wrong birth date when I applied. Can I correct this?
- Can I use wearable devices such as watches with transmission or recording functions?
No. In the test classroom, set all your devices so that they will not sound alarms or ring, turn them off, and keep them in your bag.
- Can I leave the room midway through the test if I have answered all the questions?
No, you cannot leave the room during the test. If you feel unwell, raise your hand and inform the proctor.
- Why is writing on the test book or taking notes prohibited?
This is one of the basic policies of ETS, as a way to prevent cheating or the test questions being leaked. This includes taking notes, drawing lines, or adding any marks such as circles, crosses, or ticks. You will be warned by a proctor if you write anywhere outside the answer sheet during the test.
- Can I take the test book home with me? Can I check my answers?
You may not take the test book with you. You cannot check your answers. The test books will be collected as part of the statistical processing to equate the scores in the TOEIC Bridge Listening & Reading Tests.
- Can I see the questions for the Reading Section during the listening test?
You must not look at the questions in the Reading Section during the Listening test or the questions in the Listening Section during the Reading test. The TOEIC Bridge Listening & Reading Tests are designed to correctly assess your abilities through your answering the 50 questions in the Listening Section over approximately 25 minutes and the 50 questions in the Reading Section over 35 minutes.
- Can you reissue the Official Score Certificate? Do the scores have an expiry date?
The Certificate can be re-issued up to 2 years following the test date. Procedures are done by post. Scores do not expire.
Some companies or schools may set their own limitations on how long scores are valid . Please check ahead of time.
- Can I change the address where my Official Score Certificate will be sent?
Priority Support Service
- As a person with a disability, can I receive the support I require during the test?
We will provide an environment that allows persons with disabilities, who are injured, or who are ill, to take the test with as little stress as possible.
Please contact the IIBC Test Operation Center.