Precautionary Measures / Health and Safety Requirements at Test Centers
Updated on April 1, 2021
【Procedures in case test takers refrain from taking tests】
From the tests administered in April 2021, the cases we ask test takers to refrain from taking the tests will be changed. The documents will be required to submit for the refund of test fee. For details, please check “If You Have Been Infected with or Suspected of Being Infected with COVID-19.”
At our test centers for the TOEIC Program* in Secure Program, we are following “Precautionary Measures at Test Centers” below. Please make sure you understand and agree with our “Health and Safety Requirements at Test Centers” before you apply for the test. You may not be allowed to take the test if you refuse to cooperate in the requirements. Please refrain from applying for the test if you feel uncomfortable about the precautionary measures.
* TOEIC Listening & Reading (TOEIC L&R) Test
TOEIC Speaking & Writing (TOEIC S&W) Tests
TOEIC Speaking Test
TOEIC Bridge Listening & Reading (TOEIC Bridge L&R) Tests
TOEIC Bridge Speaking & Writing (TOEIC Bridge S&W) Tests
Precautionary Measures at Test Centers
- Test proctors will take their temperature on the test day to check that they do not have any health problem for the test administration.
- Test proctors will wear a face mask, and practice proper hand washing and hand sanitization.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at the test centers.
- Test facilities will be disinfected, especially in places touched by people.
- Test proctors will remind test takers to keep enough distance with others.
- The test will be administered at limited capacity than usual in order to keep enough distance between test takers.
- Test proctors will limit conversation or verbal explanation to a minimum.
- Test rooms will be ventilated by opening the doors and windows, or using ventilation fans. During the listening/speaking test, we will not ventilate the test rooms.
*Please note that you may hear some noise.
*You are advised to bring clothes so you can put on or take off depending on the room temperature.
Health and Safety Requirements at Test Centers
【Before the test date】
"Health Condition on Test Day" on your admission ticket (TOEIC L&R Test/TOEIC Bridge L&R Tests)
"Health condition check" on the Confidentiality Statement (TOEIC S&W Tests/TOEIC Speaking Test/TOEIC Bridge S&W Tests)
if your condition has been suitable to take the test. The checkbox must be marked to be able to take the test.
【Before the test (on the test day)】
*Test takers without a face mask will not be allowed to take the test. You will be asked to take off the mask at a reception desk for personal identification.
【After the test】
*If we find out that there were test takers or proctors who have tested positive for or suspected of being infected with COVID-19 at the test centers, we will provide the personal information to public institutions such as health centers as necessary.
If You Have Been Infected with or Suspected of Being Infected with COVID-19
Please refrain from taking the tests if;
- You have tested positive for COVID-19, and have been requested to refrain from outing.
- You have had close contact with someone who has confirmed COVID-19 within the last two weeks, or live with someone who has suspected symptoms.
- You have visited countries where the infection continues to spread in the last two weeks, or have had close contact with someone who has visited those countries in the last two weeks.
- You have any symptoms including a fever, a cough, a sore throat etc.
*Some test centers may require test takers to provide a temperature check upon arrival, and you will not be allowed to take the test if you have a fever.
If you are unable to take the tests due to the reasons listed above, and you submit required documents, the test fee will be refunded. (If you applied for the test as a group, a voucher code will be issued.)
Please refer the email which will be sent to you about two weeks before (TOEIC L&R Test/TOEIC Bridge L&R Tests) / about a week before (TOEIC S&W Tests/TOEIC Speaking Test/TOEIC Bridge S&W Tests) the test date, and mail the required documents to the IIBC Test Operation Center. The documents must arrive within 6 days (on Friday) of the test, including the test day.
* Please note that we will not refund if the documents arrive after the deadline, or the submitted documents are incomplete or insufficient.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
IIBC Test Operation Center
The Institute for International Business Communication
TEL: 03-5521-6033 (10:00–16:00, Except Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays)